Your Guide to Your Rent Next Rental
- How Do I Rent An Apartment In NYC
How Much Rent Can pay?
What Neighborhood Fits My Criteria?
Different Type Of Rental Properties
Rent Controlled or Rent Stabilized
- Best Time To Rent An Apartment
No Fee Vs Fee
Find Low Income Or Affordable Housing
Features And Amenities
Difference Between An Agent And Broker
- How To View An Apartment
How To Start An Apartment Application
Signing A Lease Made Easy
Scam And Fraudulent Property Posting
How To Avoid Bait And Switch
- Renters Insurance and Renters Right
When Moving into a new apartment
Looking to Tip Your Doorman?
Get Your security Deposit Back
- Looking to Break Apartment My Lease ?
I want to Rent My Apartment to someone
International Students Guide World wide
How to Find a Roommate
Are You Ready? Apartment Search
Renters Insurance and Renters Right
According to a recent study, 68% of the residents in NYC are renters. But how many of those know their rights as tenants? As soon as you sign the lease agreement, you are entitled to a couple of basic renter rights, which include but are not limited to:
- Right to live in a safe and well-maintained building
- Right to heat services during winter
- Right to know about the yearly rent increase
- Right to freeze rent if you are aged above 62
- Right to complain about services
- Right to fair and equal treatment
You can get more information about NYC renter’s rights here.
Do you need a renter’s insurance? A big yes. Why? Well, if damage happens in your apartment that has nothing to do with you, it could still affect you. Insurance will help you big time in any of these scenarios:
- Fire in your apartment or the neighborhood
- Injury to someone in the apartment building
- Power damage
- Loss of personal belongings
- Any repair and damage in the building
On average, the insurance will cost you $15/month and depend on the size of your rental apartment and value of your assets. It is always best to estimate the total cost of your possessions and then get an insurance plan.NEXT PAGE